- This event has passed.
75th Anniversary Celebration & Recognition Garden Groundbreaking, August 26th-27th 2022
August 26, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - August 27, 2022 @ 8:00 pmFree – $35.00
In The Garden We Grow!
August 26th-27th, 2022
We are pleased to announce the 75th Anniversary Celebration of the Alumni Association. We have come a long way and it’s time to celebrate all that we have accomplished as students, graduates, and alumni. Along with the 75th anniversary comes the exciting ground breaking of a new garden project. Alumni, Students, and the Niagara Parks Commission have been busy creating a plan for a new garden space that focuses on recognizing people who have made significant contributions to the school, gardens, and alumni alike. The Recognition Garden plans will be reviewed along with a call for donations to make the project happen. Please consider making a donation to the Recognition Garden fund [Donate Now] or reach out to Art Coles if you would like to discuss funding options further [firstname.lastname@example.org]
The 75th Celebration is a time to celebrate, reflect, and of course socialize with others who like you pulled weeds, made friends, and enjoyed the gardens during the years spent at the School of Horticulture and Botanical Gardens. It’s amazing to think of the changes that have occurred on the grounds and to the school program. One thing that has not changed and will surely not change in the future is the impact we all have on the gardens as students and afterwards as alumni. The Alumni Association and Foundation have a special relationship with the school and the grounds. This is something we hope to represent with the 75th Anniversary Celebration and Recognition Garden.
Friday August 26th
5-8 pm Cocktail Hour
- Drink service on top of the Butterfly Conservatory [fee for drink purchases]
- Live Music
- 2023 West Coast Conference Announcement
- Silent Auction
Saturday August 27th
12-1 pm Recognition Garden Groundbreaking
- Design Review and garden opening Presented by the Niagara Parks Commission, the Alumni Association (Shade Garden/White Garden Area)
1-4 pm Lunch with Lawn Games, School Memorabilia & Guided Garden Tours
- Catered Lunch – back of residence building lawn area (registration required to account for numbers)
- Opportunities for review of the Garden Plan Information Centre and to make donations
- SOH Photo Display – historical to present day photos of student life and the gardens (OLH)
- Casual, family friendly lawn games
- SWAG/Promo material available for purchase (paid members receive 10% off)
- Group photo
- Raffle (TBD)
- Student Led Garden Tours (1pm, 2pm, 3pm)
4-6:00 pm Free Time
- Free time to get dinner, walk the gardens, view memorabilia and garden plan information etc.
6:00-8pm Garden Gathering Social (OLH)
- Casual gathering in and behind Old Lecture Hall
RSVP for Friday’s cocktail hour (free). Register/Purchase tickets for Saturday’s events ($35 for non-active members, $25 for active members and spouses of active members. Kids are Free!)
Register below by August 23rd. Hope to see you there!
If you are unable to attend consider making a donation to help support; Students and Alumni projects.
We are looking for Sponsors for the Event. If interested, please reach out to email@example.com
We are looking for Volunteers to assist with setup and tear down. Please reach out if you can help
If for any reason you can not register through the website but would still like to attend please contact:
Alumni Association of the NPC School of Horticulture
- August 26, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
- August 27, 2022 @ 8:00 pm
- Free – $35.00
- Event Categories:
- Anniversary, Fundraising
- Event Tags:
- Alumni, Conference, gardens, horticulture, Niagara Parks, School Of Horticulture, Social, Students
- Niagara Parks School of Horticulture
2565 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6T2 Canada