The Alumni Association is a diverse team of graduates and friends who celebrate their affiliation with the Niagara Parks Commission School of Horticulture through a variety of programs and services designed to support its members, the School, and the highest professional standards of horticulture. It is important for the Alumni Association to be relevant and interesting to keep graduates engaged!
Who We Are
The Alumni Association of the Niagara Parks Commission School of Horticulture (referred to as the Alumni Association or simply the Association) is a group of graduates from the School who have banded together to further the interests of the school and to foster fellowship. Each year the Alumni Association invites its members to a conference in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Shortly after its foundation in 1947, the Alumni Association established a constitution to direct its activities. The Alumni Association strives to:
- Promote interest in, and elevate the standards of horticulture
- Assist graduates seeking employment
- Promote fellowship by the exchange of ideas and personal contacts
- Assist the Niagara Parks Commission and staff of the School of Horticulture in:
- Maintaining high standards in recommending students for the school, promoting and building public relations
- Developing the curriculum in liaison with the curriculum committee
- Support and contribute to the publication of the Horticultural Herald
- Support the activities of the Foundation